In my previous post I shared some suggestions of things to consider when hiring a Tucson paint contractor. After thinking about what I wrote I realized there is so much more to say.
So here’s Part 2!
Know What You Want
Educating yourself about the process is a valuable way to start (like reading this and the previous article), before you start calling contractors make sure you know what you want. Do you know what colors you want? If you’re painting a lighter color over a darker color will that take more paint? What sheen do you want? Gloss, semi gloss satin eggshell or flat? Would you prefer eco-friendly paints?
If it’s the exterior you’re painting,
- Will the weather be a factor?
- If you’re part of a Home Owners Association are there colors you are limited to?
- Have you seen colors in a magazine you like? Save it, so you can show it to your contractor.
Understand the Process
Like so many things we know the process is important. We have an itemized check list of the steps we take during the scope of work to ensure nothing is missed. We give a copy of the check list to the homeowner so they are confident we will take the steps necessary to complete a great paint job! Here’s what we do for Exterior paint jobs:
- Pressure Wash
- Fill Cracks
- Caulk Doors and Windows
- Scrape loose or Peeling paint
- Prime bare Surfaces
- Property Protection
- Protect Landscaping
- Pull Gravel away from House
- Back Roll Stucco Surfaces
- Wash Windows
- Sand and Prime Surfaces where needed
- Caulk and fill holes as needed
- Remove outlet Covers
- Remove Register/Vent covers
- Move furniture from work area when possible
- Cover/ Protect furniture and Property
- Vacuum Carpets
- Clean floors
Here are a few ideas of things to consider when hiring a Tucson painter for your home. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please feel free to contact us at 520-881-0542 or fill out our Get An Estimate Today.